OWNER’S CAMPOUT 2022
YOU’RE INVITED TO JOIN US IN SEPTEMBER!
We’re very excited to invite you to the sixth annual Timberleaf Trailers Customer Campout! In the same location as the 2021 campout, with stellar views of the Rockies, and a beautiful setting, we look forward to joining you all for our favorite event of the year! Whether you have your trailer or are still waiting for it to be built, we invite you to join us this year!
The Camp Hale campground is located just a stones throw from the East Fork Eagle River and Cataract Creek, home to wonderful fishing opportunities. Just up the road from camp is the infamous Colorado Trail, this segment of the Colorado trail highlights a climb up to the summit of Kokomo and Searle passes between Camp Hale and Copper Mountain. It’s an… intense… climb of 3,443’ with truly breathtaking views. In addition to miles of back roads, forest service roads, and 4wd trails in the nearby vicinity, there will be plenty of opportunities for activity throughout the weekend!
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH
Like in years past, we decided to book the site for three nights, while our main gatherings will be Friday and Saturday nights, we encourage all of you to stay and enjoy the crisp mountain air for Thursday night as well.
FRIDAY NIGHT HAPPY HOUR
Come gather around the main area for a happy hour on Friday night at 5pm! We will have some snacks and drinks, but feel free to bring some to share.
SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK & BBQ
As is tradition, we will be hosting a BBQ night and gathering on Saturday night at 6pm. This evening is our only designated gathering night, so we encourage all to come to the main area and hang out! We will be smoking pork shoulder and will provide a vegetarian option for those who don’t partake in the consumption of meat. Please bring a side dish to share (4-6 servings) and beverages of your choosing for yourself.
September 8th @ 3pm – September 11th @ 11am
Forest Rd 7261A, Leadville, CO 80461
The East Fork campground is located to the east of the main Camp Hale Memorial Campground, near the intersections of Jones Gulch Road and E Fork Eagle Road. It is a wooded loop with many campsite opportunities for our trailers.
The elevation is 9,200’ above sea level, so please be prepared for camping at high altitudes. Average temperatures in this area in September are mid-60s-low-70s during the day, and mid-30s at night. While we don’t expect snow, it is always a good idea to be prepared for snowfall in the Colorado high country even in September.
Price is per trailer/site, please add additional guest tickets for each guest in attendance. We have reserved the campsite for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Our group BBQ & potluck will be Saturday evening! We have two ticket options: primary ticketholder and guest tickets. Please purchase a guest ticket for anyone that will be accompanying you to the campout.
Only one paid ticket per trailer is necessary for the entire weekend. Click the “Buy Tickets” button to register.
September in Colorado can be very dry, while we would love to have camp fires, please be prepared for a fire ban. Propane fire pits are permitted in Colorado during most levels of fire ban.
- September in Colorado’s High Country is also known to be quite chilly at night, but warm days. Embrace the Colorado tradition and bring many layers!
We are providing the entrée for Saturday night’s potluck, please come prepared for your other meals & beverages.
Please bring a small side dish for the potluck (enough for 4-6 servings).
Bring plenty of sun screen! The high elevation makes sun exposure extra intense.
This site is “primitive” camping, there are pit toilets but no running water, power, or amenities otherwise.
- We will be camping in bear country. The bears in this area are not known to be aggressive, but can be food-curious, there are bear-proof food bins around the campsite to securely keep food & coolers away from the reach of curious critters.
- Please take necessary precautions for your personal safety and that of others, masks are not required unless otherwise noted for any future mandates.
- The reservation for this site was made in 2021, currently we are proceeding under the assumption that there will be no limitations for group gatherings.
- If we are unable to host the event at this location you will be notified as soon as we can form an alternative plan.
- Backup Plan A: Dispersed camping within the region.
- If we need to cancel the event for any reason you will be refunded the cost of your tickets.
- If you are sick or symptomatic, please stay home, we want you to feel better soon!
Camp Hale is a historic training facility for the 10th Mountain Division Troops, the nearby historical site is a very cool glimpse into the past. Our camp is located just off of the infamous Colorado Trail, which winds its way from Denver to Durango. In addition to the numerous streams and ponds in the area that are ripe for fishing, slabs of rock to climb, there are no shortages of activities to do within a stone’s throw of camp.